5 Ways the DC Quitline Helps Smokers Quit
1. You can get help to stop smoking—free, with no judgment.
2. Quit coaches help create a plan that can work for you.
3. Quit coaches can help you get quit-smoking medications.
4. You can get helpful tips about tools and resources for your quit journey.
5. When you use a quitline, you’re more likely to stay quit!If you are thinking about quitting smoking and would like some help, the DC Quitline might be just what you need to succeed. Quitlines are offered all over the US and in DC to provide free coaching—over the phone—to help you quit smoking.
Not sure if the Quitline is the right resource for you? Here are some Quitline basics to help you decide if the Quitline is a good choice for you:
- When you call the Quitline at 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669), you can speak confidentially with a highly trained quit coach.
- The Quitline provides many of the services and similar support that you can get in a stop-smoking class or from your doctor. Using the Quitline can be a valuable addition to your doctor’s care.
- Quitlines are available throughout the United States, so you can always access one at 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669)
- Coaching help is available in several languages.
For more information about Quitline resources and how they work, visit: